Monday, February 04, 2002

Monday, February 04, 2002 6:15:26 PM
Lackzoom - The Inner Feast
First of all we have designated April Fool's day as the launch day for the web site (www.laczkooom.org). Sitting here as I am, sated from my fine dinner of some white fish fillet, micro waved to a delectable crumble, metaphorically wiping my whiskers with the backs of my hands, and wishing for a postprandial sip of some delicately fermented Italian grape, not sure what it means. This launch, I mean. On April One Two Thousand Two.
I had a notion or two a month ago, but they have all fled to the nether regions of cyber thought. Somehow we, Lackzoom, should know what we want to do, but my mind, at least, is congenially confused. Okay! We have close to forty audio bits in various states of state. Some are even complete, just need that fretful upload, some merely need a sound effect or a bit of whimsical music, some need production from stem to stern. That, easy to conceive, is web worthy now, so I won't bother conceiving. Then there is the Blog, but, it, witness this very bit of writing, is happening. No stretch required.
I am tempted to go into the secret and exciting stuff that we are working on, but I won't. Let it be sufficient to say that it will be web worthy, hyper textually, multimedial, and just generally socko boffo as they said in earlier day to an exclusively print audience. I am shorn to secrecy, so I can't comment any more than I have already. How’s that for a bit of marketing sophistry?
I will put together in my head and for your pleasure the various places that Lackzoom exists willy-nilly on the Dub Dub Dub.
First and foremost, you must forgive me for my Freudian thinking, but my psychological development arrested sometime around the turn of the last century, is (www.lackzoom.org), which for lack of a better metaphor is the ego of our enterprise. It is here that will be revealed the artifact of our collective personality. And since you can't step into the same river once without getting wet, will remain the historic evidence that we have passed this way.
Then there is the Blog (http://lackzoom.blogspot.com) which for purposes most Freudian is the depth psychology analog of the id. Here all horrendous inner workings will be revealed, mythically, sexually, and prosaically. Here lies the schmaltz, the deep and abiding chicken fat that binds us all. God, I get sick just thinking about it!
And last and certainly newest are The Communities: MSN: (http://communities.msn.com/LackzoomAcidophilus) (Y’all c’mon over and join!) and soon to be a Yahoo Community when I get around to signing up. And these, gentle reader (you rough readers go charge San Juan Hill) come, in the metaphor of the man with whom the cigar is only synonymous, in the guise of Super Ego. Yes, a place where the people at large can excoriate and vilify the work that we daily produce. You are an ungrateful bunch aren't you? We work our collective arses to the nub and all we get is bad comment and invective. It makes my red blood turn black with rage! The people are indeed revolting.....
Sorry!
There you have it! The edifice upon which we build our universe. Not much there yet, but you just wait fellow fools, April One is just a short few weeks away. And that is merely the start of the wonder!

No comments: